Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Taking a great class on mixed medium collage!

This is the first week of the collage class with Jane La Fazio. It is offered through Joggles.com.


We gessoed watercolor paper and canvas (which had been stitched together). Then we played with acrylic paints to make backgrounds.
I like all mine, but this little indigo has a Japanese feel, wabi sabi. I really like it!


Jane also showed us how to design and cut stencils from freezer paper which will be used later as the collage elements build.

I'll be back to show how these collages develope as the class progresses!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like Mixed Media Art too. Your post has given me many inspiring ideas to make my new collage dolls. I'll use my new stencils with your collage ideas. Have a look at them, I am sure you'll like them.http://www.amazon.com/Mixed-Media-Collage-Doll-Stencils/dp/B00IQRT4N8/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1407748209&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Mixed+Media+Doll+Stencils